These terms and conditions govern the Marine Supplies Direct Monthly Photograph Competition 2024. The competition organisers are Marine Supplies Direct, part of the James Hall and Co Group of Companies. The Terms & Conditions of the competition and subsequently submitting your images, you have entered into an agreement with Marine Supplies Direct and the James Hall Group of Companies.
The organisers reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions without notice.
You agree that if you are a first prize winner or winner of a featured placed in the calendar, you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name on the website, in the calendar and in any other media platform, including social media.
By entering the competition, you agree to the provisions of these terms and conditions and to comply fully with them.
The competition is open to anyone except those directly involved with the competition and judging (including their families and relatives).
If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission to enter from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
The closing date for submissions is the 31st of each Month, with a final date for all submissions of 30th September, 2024 for the calendar. All submissions received after this final date will not be eligible. Any submissions entered after the 31st of each Month, will automatically be entered in to the next month.
The Organisers cannot be held responsible for emails / entries that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider or by a failed submission.
Your entry must be submitted digitally via the process outlined on our webpage: Marine Supplies Direct Photography Competition 2024. No other forms of entry will be accepted.
By submitting images to the Marine Supplies Direct Photography Photography Competition 2024, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
- they are the sole author of each entry and that it is their complete original work;
- they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
- they have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Marine Supplies Direct Photography Competition 2024 and will indemnify Marine Supplies Direct and the James Hall Group of Companies against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
- they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by Marine Supplies Direct;
- they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Marine Supplies Direct and will indemnify Marine Supplies Direct against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
- Marine Supplies Direct have permission to use the imagery provided across their marketing channels as long as full credit is given to the image owner.
- If you are a winner or photographer chosen for the competition, you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name on the Marine Supplies Direct website, social media channels and any other form of media
- Any sales of the wildlife calendar, 2024 which will be released for general sale to the public, will offer no compensation or royalties to the photographers chosen for the competition. Once entered you agree that we may use your photograph for the calendar and any promotional marketing.
- Marine Supplies Direct will determine which photograph will be used for each month of the calendar. We are unable to take recommendations or requests from photographers as to which month they would like their photograph featured.
What to enter
- Photographs must be a minimum 1MB – maximum 5MB file. Entries must not have been a ‘winner’ in any other photographic competition.
- A maximum of three entries may be entered per applicant. No single image may be entered into more than one of the categories.
- An image will be rejected if it appears to have been taken in such a way that wildlife law or animal welfare requirements may have been breached or it has been otherwise taken in an irresponsible way.
- Domestic pets and farm animals are not eligible, nor are native or exotic wildlife photographed in zoos, sanctuaries, shows and fairs or similar locations.
- Marine Supplies Direct reserves the right to remove or refuse any entries from the competition for any reason.
Announcement of winners
All winning images will be displayed in an online gallery.
The overall winners will be announced in May 2024 and the calendar will be available from September 2024.
By entering the competition, you grant Marine Supplies Direct a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose to further its aims and objectives. This could include but is not limited to use:
- At presentation events, including exhibiting the images
- On the Marine Supplies Direct website, Marine Supplies Direct social media channels and Marine Supplies Direct email communications.
- In the press for the purposes of publicising this photography competition and the promotion of Marine Supplies Direct
- On and offline to promote this photography competition.
- As part of digital advertising creatives when promoting Marine Supplies Direct
- The organisers will make every reasonable effort to ensure that name credits are given to any photograph published in any medium.
- Use of the imagery for one year, ending on the 30th of September 2025.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Marine Supplies Direct excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the competition and use of any prize.
You agree to indemnify Marine Supplies Direct and keep Marine Supplies Direct indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by Marine Supplies Direct as a result of your entry in the competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
The information given in these Terms & Conditions is correct, but Car ad Caravan reserves the right to change any of it without prior notice. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Any breach of these Terms by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organisers may require the return of that prize.
You agree that if you are a winner or commended photographer you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name in Wild Kent Magazine.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Prize Terms and Conditions
There is no cash value equivalent to any of the prizes offered.
There will be one overall winner, announced by Marine Supplies Direct in May 2024 who will receive the wildlife camera, the backpack and the SD card.
All photographers chosen for the calendar will receive a copy of the calendar via post and be featured on our gallery.
The prize is subject to availability Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
Marine Supplies Direct will contact the winner directly by email to organise the prize. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Organiser’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Organiser.
The competition and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You and the Promoter irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or matter or to settle any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms & Conditions and that accordingly any proceedings may be brought in such courts.