We are James Hall & Co Ltd. This cookies policy applies to the Marine Supplies Direct website at www.marinesuppliesdirect.co.uk and all related websites, software, mobile apps, plug-ins and other services that we provide (together, the "Service").
To provide a great product experience and for certain functions, we use so-called cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device. You can find an overview of all cookies we use, their purpose, retention period and usage class below.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that uniquely identify your browser or device. The cookie file is stored on your browser. When you return to that website (or visit websites that use the same cookies) these websites recognize the cookies and your browsing device.
Cookies do many different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your experience. Cookies can tell us, for example, whether you have visited our websites before.
Are there different types of cookies?
There are different types of cookies, including first party cookies (which are served directly by us to your computer or device) and third party cookies (which are served by a third party on our behalf). Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
Cookies can remain on your device for different periods of time. Some cookies are session cookies, meaning that they exist only while your browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are permanent cookies, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. They can be used to recognise your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies are used for different purposes.
- Essential cookies are needed to provide you with the website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, we would not be able to provide you with the website and services that you have asked for.
- Functionality cookies record information about choices you have made and allow us to provide relevant content and tailor our websites for you.
- Performance cookies help us to measure traffic and usage data and to analyze how our websites are used in order to provide you with a better user experience and maintain, operate and improve our services.
- Targeting cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same advertisement from continuously reappearing, ensuring that advertisements are properly displayed and, in some cases, selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
What cookies do we use?
We use first party and third party cookies for several reasons. The specific types of first and third party cookies served through our websites and the purposes they perform are described below. Please be aware that the cookies we use may depend on the features you are using and the device, browser or operating system you are using.
We use both session-based and persistent cookies on our websites. A website may set a cookie if the browser’s preferences allow it. A browser only permits a website to access the cookies that it has set, not those set by other websites.
- Essential. These cookies are necessary for our website to work as intended. For example, to allow you to add items to your basket and checkout.
- Functional. These cookies enable enhanced functionality, like videos and live chat. Without these cookies, certain functions may become unavailable. For example, video content will not play and you may have difficulty while trying to interact with products on the page.
- Analytics. These cookies provide statistical information on site usage. For example, these cookies enable web analytics that allow us to improve our website over time. They track your visit and where you are looking on the website. However, they do not track any personal information about you.
- Targeting and Advertising. These cookies are used to create profiles or personalise content to enhance your experience. This may be utilised on Google while you search the Internet for products and subsequently, the content will possibly be shown to you when interaction on other websites. (For example You Tube).
Control. It is possible to disable cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect your ability to use our website. For instance, we may not be able to recognise your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our website. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. Please use the following links for further instructions:
Other Resources. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org, or aboutcookies.org.